100年第1學期-2120 旅館專業英語 課程資訊
|Class Participation and Attendance||20||If you are absent THREE times throughout the semester without a legitimate reason, you will be penalized with FIVE point deduction off your final grade.|
|Mid Term||30||Cheating will not be tolerated during testing.|
|Final Exam||30||Cheating will not be tolerated during testing.|
|Pop exams/Homework Assignment||20||Group Homework Assignments,short exercises and theories discussed.you will also be asked to prepare for a short presentation.|
課程目標 (Course Objectives)
• To improve student’s oral and communication skill.
• To obtain the basic understanding of different job descriptions in hotel industry
• To familiarize with and use terms and jargons in hotel profession,
• To enhance English communication ability, and to be able to deal with a hotel’s daily operations in English
1. To understand different jobs and departments in a hotel Student will have a basic understanding of different hotel job descriptions and the issues and problems they might encounter.
2. To familiarize with and use terms and jargons in hotel profession, to enhance English communication ability, and to be able to deal with a hotel’s daily operations in English.
Office HourMonday 15:00 - 17:00 Tuesday 10:00 - 12:00 Wednesday 11:00 – 13:00 or by appointment Office: M213-1
Frabcus O’Hara (2008) 8th ed. Be my guest: English for the Hotel Industry, Cambridge University Press, 華泰文化, 02-2241-3551
• Robert Majure & Jess Martin (2010) Enjoy your stay: English for the Hotel Industry, Cosmos Culture Ltd.
• David Wolff, 廖原德, 焦有薈 (2009) Live ABC Hotel English, 希伯崙股份有限公司, 02-2578-7838
• 語言訓練測驗中心 (2002) Reservations Confirmed, Caves Books Ltd.
• 肖璇 (2008) Practical English Modern Hotel 現代飯店應與實物全能, 萬能出版社