100年第2學期-0151 進階英文聽力 課程資訊
|Weekly quizzes||60||the average of weekly vocabulary quizzes and unit achievement tests|
|Midterm Exam||20||a 30~45-minute proficiency test on listening|
|Final Exam||20||a 45~60 minute proficiency test on listening|
The course has the following goals:
1. To help students improve listening comprehension in general and their listening fluency skills;
2. To help students gain accuracy in understanding frequent, yet troublesome aspects of “fast English”;
3. To help students develop academic note-taking skills.
Advanced Listening is an elective course offered in the spring semester for freshmen or sophomores who need more training in order to cope with the language requirement of English majors. In addition to exposure to a variety of listening phenomena essential for comprehension of authentic, natural English, the students will learn to listen selectively; i.e. to predict information and select cues surrounding information. They will be guided to monitor their comprehension while listening by focusing on the main parts of the discourse and by noticing these parts they may use to construct their understanding of the meaning of whole of the text through inferring.
Office Hourby appointment
1. NorthStar 4 Listeneng and Speaking (2009, 3/e) by H. S. Solorzano & J. p. L. Schmidt
2. MyNorthStarlab (2007) by Pearson Longman at www.mynorthstarlab.com