100年第2學期-0176 文討：小說選讀：童話故事 課程資訊
|Attendance and Participation||10|
|Reading Journals||20||Critical Thinking|
|Group Project||20||Fractured Fairy Tale Project (Writing and Performing)|
|Oral Presentation of Research Paper||20|
1. Students will attempt to define fairy tales as part of children’s literature and literature.
2. Students will examine a wide range of fairy tales aimed at children as well as adults.
3. Students will analyze and determine the various characteristics of fairy tales.
4. Literary theories which can easily be applied to fairy tales will be studied and students will learn to analyze fairy tales using different literary critical theories.
5. Students will independently research a topic (a theme in several tales, one tale in several forms, etc.) and present their findings to the class.
6. Students will write journals in which they reflect critically on their reading of fairy tales.
7. Students will write and perform a (fractured) fairy tale which will demonstrate their understanding of the characteristics of fairy tales.
8. Students will write an essay on a particular tale, a particular theme, or a particular author.
Office HourMondays 14:10-16:00 or by appointment. Office LAN 112C
There is no text book for this class. A selection of readings with extracts from major publications in the field of fairy tale studies and children’s literature will be provided and a number of tales will be studied in detail. Materials will be collected by the teacher and students will be provided with the required reading materials throughout the semester.