101年第1學期-4065 個別指導 課程資訊
|weekly discussion of the research topic||40|
|a working bibliography||20|
|a draft of the proposal||40|
By the end of the course, students should-
1. have formulated a research topic for the M.A. thesis
2. have had a clear theoretical /research framework about the proposed topic
3. have conducted thorough reviews of literature for the proposed topic
4. have learned to synthesize the related reviews of literature
5. be ready to conduct the pilot study
6. have completed the pilot study of the thesis research
7. have completed the first draft of the first 3 chapters of the M.A thesis
1. The instructor assists the student in formulating a research topic on the area the student is interested in.
2. The instructor assists the student in searching, assessing, summarizing, integrating, and synthesizing essential reviews of literature on the chosen topic.
3. The instructor assists the student in relating current research to prior related research.
4. The instructor assists the student in designing an appropriate research methodology for the topic.
5. Regular meeting time will be scheduled for the instructor to monitor the student’s progress.
Office HourAnnie Yu Tues. 1-2 p.m. & Thur. 4-5 p.m. at LAN 211 H Chia-Hui Chiu Thur. 10:20-12:10 at LAN 211-D James Sims Mon-Thur 12:20-:00 at FL106 F Kai-lin Wu Wed. 12:10-14:00 at LAN 211-C
Each student will read extensively on topic related to their thesis. The instructor and the student will discuss the selected research papers and books whenever it is necessary.