101年第2學期-0128 英語語言學概論 課程資訊
|In-class participation (include assignments):||40|
Introduction to Linguistics aims to:
1. Enable a better understanding of the English language (its structure, pronunciation, grammar, word formation, meaning, and usage) and thus help the students be more proficient in their use of English.
2. Provide a good background for students interested in taking further linguistics courses, courses in Teaching English as Foreign Language, communication studies, translation, or other related courses.
3. Give the students’ an opportunity to discover more about the workings of the human mind and the ways in which human thought and language interact.
4. Develop the students’ analytical skills and encourage precision and accuracy in the study of speech and writing.
5. Offer some opportunities to compare and contrast English and Chinese.