101年第2學期-0143 英文作文（三） 課程資訊
|Attendance and participation||10|
|Cover letter and resume||10|
The main objective of this course is that students acquire advanced academic writing skills and that all students should be able to produce well-written essays (4-5 pages).
1. Students will strengthen their capability of writing more complex sentences and will also continue to pay attention to the different aspects of writing.
2. Students will learn to read and evaluate rough drafts and finished papers, both their own and those of their peers. Formal peer review will be actively practiced, both supervised and unsupervised.
3. Students also need to consider the audience they are writing for, making decisions on how to best present information, what to define and exemplify, and what to leave unsaid.
4. Students should continue to write good introductions, conclusions and transitional paragraphs. Students should try to compose well-developed topic sentences and thesis statements.
5. Students’ knowledge of different rhetorical styles, such as movie review, literary paper, autobiography, cover letter and resume, etc. will be expanded.
As this the last of the Comp/Oral series, the main aim of this semester is to give a final shape and polish the skills of the students in both writing and in speech.
Office HourTuesdays 14:10-16:00 or by appointment Office: LAN 112C
Ness, Patrick. The Knife of Never Letting Go. Chaos Walking Trilogy – Book 1. London: Walker Books, 2008.
Ness, Patrick. The Ask and the Answer. Chaos Walking Trilogy – Book 2. London: Walker Books, 2009.
Ness, Patrick. Monsters of Men. Chaos Walking Trilogy – Book 3. London: Walker Books, 2010.
Other materials will be prepared by the teacher and will be distributed throughout the semester.