102年第2學期-0153 英文作文（三） 課程資訊
|Paper 6 Movie Review||15|
|Paper 7 Research Paper||30|
|Paper 8 Autobiography||10|
|Paper 9 Cover Letter and CV||10|
|Paper 10 Literary Paper||15|
The main objective of this course is that students acquire advanced academic writing skills and that all students should be able to produce well-written essays (4-5 pages).
1. Students will strengthen their capability of writing more complex sentences and will also continue to pay attention to the different aspects of writing.
2. Students will learn to read and evaluate rough drafts and finished papers, both their own and those of their peers. Formal peer review will be actively practiced, both supervised and unsupervised.
3. Students also need to consider the audience they are writing for, making decisions on how to best present information, what to define and exemplify, and what to leave unsaid.
4. Students should continue to write good introductions, conclusions and transitional paragraphs. Students should try to compose well-developed topic sentences and thesis statements.
5. Students’ knowledge of different rhetorical styles, such as movie review, literary paper, autobiography, cover letter and resume, etc. will be expanded.
As this the last of the Comp/Oral series, the main aim of this semester is to give a final shape and polish the skills of the students in both writing and in speech.
Office HourOffice hours are Tuesdays 2:00-4:00 pm or by appointment Meeting Place Office LAN 112C
Brontë, Charlotte. Jane Eyre. London: Collins Classics, 1847; 2010.
Ford, Michael Thomas. Suicide Notes. New York: Harper Teen, 2011.
Other materials will be prepared by the teacher and will be distributed throughout the semester.