102年第2學期-0188 文討：兒童文學作家探討：大衛 阿爾蒙德 課程資訊
|Presentation Research Paper||20|
|Presentations on Texts||20|
|In Class Discussions||10|
|Attendance and Participation||10|
1. Students will learn about the biographical and literary background of David Almond.
2. Students will have a deeper understanding of David Almond as a British young adult literature author.
3. Students will read a number of books by Almond and improve their ability to read these young adult texts critically.
4. Students will develop more clearly articulated standards for evaluating young adult texts.
5. Students will develop strong reading habits and improve their analytical and rhetorical skills.
6. Students will independently research a topic related to David Almond and his work and write a research paper.
7. Students will write regular journals in which they reflect critically on their reading of Almond’s texts.
8. Students will be responsible for oral presentations on one aspect of a book read over the course of this semester.
Office HourMeeting Time Tuesdays 2:00-4:00 pm or by appointment Meeting Place Office LAN112C
Students are required to buy a selection of works by David Almond as chosen by the students in the beginning of the semester (see choice in primary books below).
Other materials will be collected by the teacher and students will be provided with the required reading materials throughout the semester.