103年第2學期-7009 專題設計 課程資訊
|Attendance and Participation||20||Students are encouraged to join discussion.|
|Joint workshop in Brussels||20||Invited Scholars will join the critique of the workshop.|
|Two Live-critiques through web cam||20||Invited Scholars will join the critique.|
|Final Live-critiques through web cam||40||Invited Scholars will join the critique.|
1. This design studio will be conducted mainly in English and will be collaborated with KULeuven/LUCA Faculty of Architecture International Master of Science in Architecture, Brussels to allow our master students to experience what are research based design projects with international standard.
2. To train our students to be able to work with English speaking environment for communication in their design projects.
3. Students will learn experience from other European architectural school on how their design studio has been proceeded.
This is an advanced design studio for MArch II students, which will be conducted in English and consists of three parts. The first part is related to international competition projects, which normally takes place within one-month period in the beginning of the semester. The second part will be a three months design studio project, which will cover issues of digital analysis of spatial structure and social outcomes, digital design and tectonic constructions, users body experience in both macro and micro environmental levels, and finally the sustainability issue of building performance and design strategies, etc. The last part is scheduled in the last two weeks of the semester and it will be an out reach exhibition project, which will display all students’ design works from the second part of the design studio project.
Office HourWednesday !6:20~17:10 at Dr. Simon Shu's Office
01. Gehl, J 2010, Cities for People, Island Press, London.
02. Jacobs, J 1961, Death and Life of Great American Cities, Random House, New York.
03. Lynch, K, 1960, The Image of the City, MIT Press, Cambridge.
04. Pak, B., Verbeke, J. 2013, Walkability as a Performance Indicator for Urban Spaces, Strategies and Tools for
the Social Construction of Experiences, Education and Research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in
Europe (eCAADe) Conference, Delft Technical University Faculty of Architecture, Delft.
05. Southworth M, 2005, 'Designing the walkable city', Journal of Urban Planning and Development 131(4),
06. Simon Shu, 2014, Parametric Thinking & Making Through Space Syntax, power point files.
07. Hillier, Bill, 1996, Space is The Machine，Cambridge University Press.
08. Harvey, David. 2008. “The Right to the City.”
09. Hauptmann, Deborah (ed.), 2006, The Body in Architecture, Rotterdam: 010 Publishers.
10. Portoghesi Paolo, 2000, Nature and Architecture, Milan: Skira Editore.
11. Gausa, Manuel (ed.), 2003, the metapolis dictionary of advanced architecture-city, technology and society in
the information age.
13. Cruz Marcos, Colletti Marjan, 2005, Cons2quence: Marcosandmarjan-Interfaces/Intrafaces, Austria:
14. Hiroshi Nakamura, 2010, Microscopic Designing Methodology.