104年第1學期-5575 English Presentation Skills 課程資訊
|In-class Presentations and Participation||60|
This semester-long English elective course is tailored for graduate students who are motivated to learn about English presentation skills and language.
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. Discuss the key issues about giving successful presentations in English;
2. Use and explain effective visuals when presenting in English;
3. Prepare, outline, and give a business or academic presentation in English;
4. Use effective language and answer questions appropriately when presenting in English.
Office HourWednesday 1:10 - 3:00pm at LAN201-A (by appointment)
Textbooks and References:
1. Textbook (Required. Students are responsible for purchasing the textbook at Caves Bookstore on campus before the second week of the semester.):
Harrington, David and Charles LeBeau. Speaking of Speech (New Edition). London: Macmillan, 2009. (文鶴代理，請在開學第二週前至校內敦煌書局購買)
2. References (Recommended. Not required.):
Brand, Quentin and Thomas Y. H. Chen. Presentation Skills and Language. Auburn: Lynx, 2010. (書林代理)
Powell, Mark. Presenting in English: How to Give Successful Presentations. Hampshire: Cengage Learning, 2011.
Harvard Business Review. Presentations. Boston: Harvard Business Review, 2014.
3. Supplementary readings and handouts will be given by the instructor.