104年第1學期-7049 專題研究 課程資訊
|Attendance and Participation||20||Students are encouraged to join the crits.|
|Separate crits on each group performance||20||Students are encouraged to join the crits.|
|Intrim Joint Crits on each group performance||30||Students are encouraged to join the crits.|
|Final Crits on each group performance||30||Students are encouraged to join the crits.|
1. Students will learn to present their design proposals in English and work with foreign students during the training period.
2. Students will obtain experience addressing issues related to architecture projects like: project management, curation, decision making, budget administration, research, integral design creation, etc.
3. Students will learn to know different cultures and different ways of thinking and working during the training period of this course.
This Design Research Project is in fact a special design studio based on international workshop and preferably to be carried out abroad if budget allows. If budget is insufficient then the studio will proceed in domestic places in collaboration with invited foreign prestigious architects (or renowned design tutors) and foreign postgraduate students from other countries. This design research project will normally take place in a two-week period in summer vacation or winter vacation within the school year calendar. It is organized to meet the fulfillment of international cross-cultural visions within the departmental curriculum training objectives.
Office Hour(Monday, 8:00~12:00)
• Design topic of this international workshop will consist of the following elements:
1. The students will need to collaborate in order to organize and design a meaningful experience that will materialize as a TEDx event. The arrangement of the TEDx event will include an analysis of the Taiwanese culture and society in order to find a theme that is relevant for Taiwan, cross field design development, branding, evaluation of relevant professionals that can become potential speakers, selection of the venue, fundraising, stage design and if there is enough budget, they will also build their designs for the TEDx event.
2. The length of the workshop should be for a duration of 7 days, which includes the training of the speakers, preparation and design of the venue and the TEDx event. The preparation of the event will require the whole semester.
3. It is highly recommended that design and research issues include sustainability, social culture and economy and/or building tectonic characteristics.
4. The output of the workshop will be published online to an international audience through the TEDx website.