104年第2學期-0118 英語口語訓練（一） 課程資訊
|Attendance and participation||20|
|Oral presentations||80||1. Job-interview role play; 2. Impromptu speech; 3. Persuasive speech; 4. Group debate|
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
(1) develop confidence in speaking publicly and academically.
(2) listen to public speaking critically, responsively, and objectively.
(3) present familiar topics in a smooth, understandable and organized fashion in both prepared and impromptu speeches.
(4) inform and persuade audiences orally.
(5) know how to conduct a group discussion and a group debate.
The main objective of this course is to help students develop confidence in speaking publicly and academically. Students will also learn how to listen critically, responsively and objectively. Students will master presenting familiar topics in a smooth, understandable and organized way in both prepared and impromptu speeches. Students will also study how to inform and persuade others. These oral skills will be applied in group discussions and debates.
Office HourThursdays 10:10-12:10 and by appointment; LAN 112A
Dale, Paulette, and James C. Wolf. Speech Communication Made Simple. 4th ed. White Plains, NY: Pearson, 2013.