105年第1學期-0106 英語口語訓練（一） 課程資訊
|4 formal speeches||80|
|Weekly Participation & Performance||20|
In Oral Training I, students will learn to:
1) speak publicly and academically with confidence
2) listen to public speaking critically, responsively, and objectively
3) express ideas and present information in a smooth, understandable and organized fashion
4) speak articulately to inform public audiences
5) participate in discussions
Oral Training 1 is a first-year required course aimed at improving the ability of students to communicate in fluent and accurate English. Furthermore, its aim is to help students develop confidence in speaking publicly and academically. Students will also learn how to listen critically, responsively and objectively. Students will master presenting familiar topics in a smooth, understandable and organized way in both prepared and impromptu speeches. Students will also study how to inform and persuade others. These oral skills will be applied in group discussions and debates. Oral assignments include speeches (prepared and impromptu), role－play activities, panel and group discussions, and debates. This course is taught together with Composition 1.
Office HourOffice Hours: Tuessday 8:10-10:00 at LAN101-20 * Please call or email to make an appointment in advance.
Speech Communication Made Simple: A Multicultural Perspective, 3rd edition, by Dale & Wolf