105年第1學期-0127 英文作文（二） 課程資訊
|4 essays: 60% (15 % per essay)||5|
In Oral Training 2, you will learn to:
1. to control volume, pausing, and rate of speaking, and to improve eye contact, vitality, and posture
2. to tell a short story clearly and fluently
3. to conduct an interview using techniques such as preparing questions, getting more information, giving encouragement, asking for repetition and clarification, restating, and interrupting
4. to paraphrase and summarize the ideas of others in a group discussion
5. to give a summary-response speech
Composition 2 is a second-year required course and is the continuation of Composition 1, building on the English-language skills developed in Composition 1. This course focuses primarily on writing multi-paragraph essays. The course continues to stress accuracy in writing and emphasizes skills and strategies to improve the ability to communicate in written English. Students will also learn how to analyze and strengthen their written English and that of their classmates. The general goal of the course is to increase the academic English language proficiency of the students to a high-intermediate level in writing. This course is taught together with Oral Training 2.
Office HourWednesday 9-10 am at teacher's office, or by appointment.
Jean Wyrick, Steps to Writing Well with Additional Readings. (Boston: Thomson Wadsworth, 2008; 11th ed.)
Patricia Porter and Margaret Grant, Communicating Effectively in English (Boston: Heinle and Heinle, 1992; 2nd ed.)