105年第1學期-0140 英語口語訓練（二） 課程資訊
|participation and discussion||40|
In Oral Practice II, students will learn to:
1. control volume, pausing, and rate of speaking, and to improve eye contact, vitality, and posture
2. show and tell a story clearly and fluently
3. conduct an interview using the techniques such as preparing questions, getting more information, giving encouragement, asking for repetition and clarification, restating, and interrupting
4. paraphrase/summarize/respond to the ideas of others in a group discussion
5. give a report on an interview
6. give an expository speech
Oral Training 2 is a second-year required course and builds on the English-language skills developed in Oral Training 1. This course focuses primarily on using spoken English for academic purposes, such as group discussions and delivering oral presentations. The course continues to stress accuracy in speaking and writing and emphasizes skills and strategies to improve the ability of students to communicate in English. Studens also learn how to analyze and strengthen their spoken English. The general goal of the course is to increase the academic English language proficiency to a high-intermediate level in speaking. This course is taught together with Composition 2.
Office Hour4:10-5:10 pm Wed. & Thu. or by appointment LAN 211-C
Porter, Patricia A., and Margaret Grant. Communicating Effectively in English: Oral Communication for Non-Native Speakers. 2nd ed. Boston: Heinle & Heinle, 1992.