105年第1學期-0154 英語口語訓練（三） 課程資訊
|Norton Summaries and Presentations||20|
|Leading Class Discussions||20|
|Participating in Class Discussions||10|
|Argumentation Paper Presentation||10|
|Midterm Conversation with Teacher||10|
|Final Conversation with Teacher||10|
|English Book Presentation||10|
The main objective of this course is to develop advanced academic oral skills through practice in a variety of genres.
1. Students will polish their oral skills through a variety of formal and semi-formal presentations, including research presentations, book presentations, etc.
2. Students will learn how to listen to public speaking critically, responsively and objectively.
3. Students will master presenting familiar topics in a smooth, understandable and organized way.
4. Students will work in pairs and be responsible for leading class discussions on literary texts.
5. Students will research and give individual presentations on relevant issues.
Oral Training 3 is a third-year required course. As this course is the last of the Comp/Oral series, its main aim is to give final shape and polish the skills of the students in speech. The oral ability of students is improved through group discussions, individual presentations, argument and debates. This course is taught together with Composition 3.
Office HourOffice Hours: Thursdays 10:20-12:10 or by appointment Office: LAN 112C
Peterson, Linda H. et al. (eds.) The Norton Reader. An Anthology of Nonfiction New York: W. W. Norton and Company, 2012.
Students will be provided with handouts as needed.