105年第1學期-6812 研究方法 課程資訊
|Class participation and Attendance||30||If you are absent THREE times throughout the semester without a legitimate reason, you will be penalized with FIVE point deduction off your final grade.|
|Mid Term||30||The examination questions would by be set in forms of True/False statements, multiple choice questions or short-answered questions. All the concepts covered in lectures will be examined.|
|Proposal||30||The final proposal is a comprehensive research proposal that integrates all of the fundamental components of this course.|
|Proposal Presentation||10||Students will sign up to deliver a 20 minute overview of their final proposal.|
課程目標 (Course Objectives)
1. Develop a beginning understanding of the conceptual foundations and methodological tools of quantitative and qualitative social research
2. Select appropriate quantitative and/or qualitative research methods to study a given vulnerable population or policy problem.
3. Locate, understand, critically analyze, and utilize professional hospitality management research reports and articles.
4. Indentify and discuss ethical issues related to research design and the reporting and use of research results.
5. Discuss issues related to sampling, measurement, data collection, and internal and external threats to validity.
6. To increase students’ awareness of how methodological issues being debated,
7. To develop a written research proposal and oral presentation.
Giving the overview of Research Methods and insights into Research Methods components. Main topics include:
1.Clarifying the research question.
2.Research design strategy.
3.Data collection & preparation.
4.Data Analysis & interpretation.
Office HourThursday & Friday 13:10 - 16:10 or by appointment Office: M204-1
張紹勳 (2007) 研究方法, 滄海書局, 04-27088787
Mark Saunders, Philip Lewis and Adrian Thornhill ( 2009) Fifth Edition, Research Method for Business Student, Person / 施正屏 主譯 企業研究法 施正屏 學富文化事業有限公司