105年第2學期-1324 管理科學 課程資訊
1. To acquaint you with mathematical spreadsheet modeling techniques and solution methods
which often serve as an aid to managerial decision making.
2. To develop your expertise in using and solving management science problems with the
help of personal computer and decision tool software.
3. To give you experience in analyzing results and making
The field of management science focuses on quantitative methods that aid in making effective
decisions in a business environment.
• You will formulate, solve, and interpret optimization models from various applications
areas in management including marketing, accounting and finance.
• Insights gained from the mathematical modeling and solution process will be discussed
• Results will be examined in the context of the decision problem and revision of the model
will be proposed and analyzed.
Primary emphasis will be placed on formulating decision problems as optimization models
and solving them by the Excel tools and other decision analysis software. This course will
require the use of personal computers and spreadsheet-based decision tool software.
Office HourOffice: M478 Office hours: TBA
An Introduction to Management Science:Quantitative Approaches to Decision Making (14e, 2016), by David R. Anderson, Dennis J. Sweeney, Thomas A. Williams, Jeffrey D. Camm, James J. Cochran, Michael J. Fry, Jeffrey W. Ohlmann