106年第1學期-6509 Gendered Social Work Practice 課程資訊
This course aims to:
1. provide students with the opportunities to understand how social service users as well as social work practice are profoundly impacted by gender element
2. provide students with the opportunities to talk, discuss and write in English
3. prepare students to be able to participate in international events
Office HourOffice hours:Thursday 10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. or by appointments Place: SS517
(the followings are only temporary suggested readings, a formal reading list will be circulated in the first week of this course)
1. Farris, C. S. (1991). The social discourse on women’s roles in Taiwan: a textual analysis. In Chen, E. K. Y.,
Williams, J. F., & Wong, J. (Eds.) Taiwan, Economy, Society, and History. p285-305. Hong Kong: Centre of
Asian Studies University of Hong Kong.
2. Farris, C.S.P. (2004). Women’s Liberation under “East Asian Modernity” in China and Taiwan. Historical,
Cultural, and Comparative Perspectives. In C. Farris, A. Lee, & M. Rubinstein (Eds.) Women in the New
Taiwan. Gender Roles and Gender Consciousness in a Changing Society. Chapter 16. P. 325-376. New York:
M.E. sharpe, Inc.
3. Hu, C-Y., Kamo, Y. (2007), The division of household labor in Taiwan.
Journal of Comparative Family Studies, 38: 105–124.
4. Leung Yiu-Nam and Chang Wei-An (1994) The folk customs of gender inequality
in Taiwan. Asian Culture Quarterly XXII: 35-47.
5. Lim, In-Sook (1997). Korean Immigrant Women’s Challenge to Gender Inequality
at Home: The Interplay of Economic resources, Gender, and Family. Gender and
Society, 11 (1), 31-51.
6. Liu, Chu-Li (2016). Culture or Oppression? An anti-oppressive perspective on
women with mental health problems who survived their male partners’ violence. Socialno delo Journal,
7. Liu, Chu-Li & Mishna, F. (2015). Older Female Survivors of Intimate Partner
Violence in the Taiwanese Cultural Context. The Open Family Studies Journal, 7, 77-85.
8. Liu, Chu-Li & Mishna, F. (2014). Resilience in Cultural Context:
Taiwanese Female Earthquake Survivors. Qualitative Social Work Journal , 13(2), 123 - 138.
9. Liu, Chu-Li & Regehr, C. (2009) Power and Control as a Framework for Practice—The Case of Intimate Partner
Violence Work in Taiwan. Brief Treatment and Crisis Intervention, January, 1-9.