107年第2學期-0135 英語口語訓練（二） 課程資訊
|Oral Practice: 4 presentations: 60%; participation & discussion: 40%||5|
In Oral Training 2, you will learn to:
1. to control volume, pausing, and rate of speaking, and to improve eye contact, vitality, and posture
2. to tell a short story clearly and fluently
3. to conduct an interview using techniques such as preparing questions, getting more information, giving encouragement, asking for repetition and clarification, restating, and interrupting
4. to paraphrase and summarize the ideas of others in a group discussion
5. to give a summary-response speech
Comp�Oral II builds on the English-language skills developed in Comp�Oral I. This two-part course focuses primarily on writing multi-paragraph essays and using spoken English for academic purposes, such as group discussions and delivering oral presentations. The course will continue to stress accuracy in speaking and writing and will emphasize skills and strategies to improve your ability to communicate in English. You will also learn how to analyze and strengthen your own and your classmates� written and spoken English. The general goal of the course is to increase your academic English language proficiency to the high�intermediate level in speaking and writing.
Office HourWed. 8:10-10:00 am.. Or by appointment
Porter, P. and Grant, M. (1992) Communicating Effectively in English: Oral Communication for Non-Native Speakers. (2nd ed.) Boston: Heinle & Heinle.