108年第1學期-0155 社會語言學 課程資訊
|In-class participation 25% 3 writing assignments 45% Final research paper: 30%||5|
1. Enable a better understanding of the English language and its usage in a social/cultural content.
2. Provide a good background for students interested in taking further Sociolinguistics course or related courses.
3. Give the students' an opportunity to discover more about the workings of the human mind and the ways in which human thought and language interact.
4. Develop the students' analytical skills and encourage precision and accuracy in the study of speech and writing.
5. Offer opportunities to compare and contrast the usage of English and Chinese in its own society.