108年第2學期-0100 英語口語訓練（一） 課程資訊
|In-class participation and performance||20|
At the end of this course, students will have
1) developed confidence in speaking publicly and academically
2) learned how to listen to public speaking critically, responsively and objectively
3) mastered how to present familiar topics in a smooth, understandable and organized fashion in both prepared and impromptu speeches
4) learned to speak in order to inform and persuade others in persuasive speeches and debates
5) developed confidence in participating in group discussions
6) developed confidence in their everyday conversation abilityThe first semester of the course is focused on public speaking about personal experiences and to inform others about a topic. The second semester is focused on informative and persuasive public speaking. Students will do activities both in and out of class to help them gain confidence and fluency for speaking in English in front of their classmates and teachers.
The main objective of this course is to help students develop confidence in speaking publicly and academically. Students will also learn how to listen critically, responsively and objectively. Students will master presenting familiar topics in a smooth, understandable and organized way in both prepared and impromptu speeches. Students will also study how to inform and persuade others. These oral skills will be applied in group discussions and debates.
Office Hour12:10-14:10 PM, Wednesday or by appointment LAN 212-1
Dale, P. & Wolf, J. C. (2006). Speech Communication Made Simple: A Multicultural Perspective (3rd edition). Pearson Education, Inc.