108年第2學期-5699 高等電腦網路 課程資訊
教學 (課程) 目標：
As a result of this course, students will:
(1) Have a perception of advanced network issues related with WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network), system modeling, AI-based materials and other Internet operational mechanisms.
(2) Obtain prerequisite concept ready for potential applications on AI-based materials, cloud computing or relevant modeling domains. Several related research areas like Green CC, Power-saving CC, System Modeling and IOT (Internet of Things) may be also explored by enthusiastic learners in classroom for their future needs of career programming.
(3) Establish the capability of reading technical materials like technical SCI journals or International Conference papers (EI). It is the course goal to inspire students to address relevant promising issues on the domain of computer network.
(4) Every student would be assigned an EI-indexed or SCI paper of which each one must study the paper thoroughly and in great details. Moreover, each one must present his/her study openly in the class, where other students would question the presentation on site to strengthen their presentation skill.
This course will first introduce the overview of computer network concepts, including OSI layers, main-stream network protocols, and network simulation environments. Students will be asked to practices network topology and simulations using NS2 simulator. In the 2nd half of this course, it will focus on the design and implementation of innovative network applications related to social networks, cloud computing, and so on. Term project discussion and implementation will help students to have the experiences and capability of building a large scale internet application.
Office Hour1. 星期三: 15:10~17:00 地點: ST 328 (科技大樓) 2. 星期四: 15:10~17:00 地點: ST 328 (科技大樓)
Reference Materials: 參考論文與文獻資料
1. Fuu-Cheng Jiang and Ching-Hsien Hsu, "Fault-tolerant System Design on Cloud Logistics by Greener Standbys Deployment with Petri Net Model," Neurocomputing, 256 (2017) 90-100.
2. Fuu-Cheng Jiang, Ilsun You, Fang-Yie Leu, "Approaching Green Sensor Field Using Queue-based Optimization Technique,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol. 66, pp.128-136, 2016.
3. Qi Zhang, Lu Cheng and Raouf Boutaba, “Cloud computing: state-of-the-art and research challenges,” Journal of Internet Service and Applications (2010) 1: 7–18
4. M. Armbrust, et al., “Above the clouds: a Berkeley view of cloud computing,” Technical Report No. UCB/EECS-2009-28, February 2009.
5. J. Cao, K. Hwang, K. Li and A. Y. Zomaya, "Optimal Multiserver Configuration for Profit Maximization in Cloud Computing," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1087-1096, 2013.
6. “Cloud computing and emerging IT platforms: vision, hype, and reality for delivering computing as the 5th utility,” Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 599-616, 2009.
7. P. Graubner, M. Schmidt, and B. Freisleben, “Energy-efficient Management of Virtual Machines in Eucalyptus,” Proc. 4th IEEE Int’l Conf. Cloud Computing, IEEE, 2011, pp. 243–250.
8. J. Gubbi, R. Buyya, S. Maarusic and M. Palaniswami, " Internet of Things (IoT): A vision, architectural elements, and future directions," Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 29, pp. 1645-1660, 2013.