109年第2學期-0081 英語口語訓練（一） 課程資訊
|quizzes after each chapter||10|
An oral training 1, students will learn to
(1) speak publicly and academically with confidence
(2) listen to public speaking critically, responsibly and objectively,
(3) express ideas and present information in a smooth, understandable and organized fashion,
(4) participate in discussions and present conclusions.
(5) use correct grammar and vocabulary when speaking on given topics
The 1st semester the course is focused on public speaking about personal experiences and to inform others about a topic. The 2nd semester is focused on informative and persuasive public speaking. Students will do activities both in and out of class to help them gain confidence and fluency in speaking in English in front of their classmates and teachers.
The main objective of this course is to help students develop confidence in speaking publicly and academically. Students will also learn how to listen critically, responsively and objectively. Students will master presenting familiar topics in a smooth, understandable and organized way in both prepared and impromptu speeches. Students will also study how to inform and persuade others. These oral skills will be applied in group discussions and debates.
Office HourThursdays, 10:00-12:00 in the FLLD office number 14
Dale, Paulette, and James C. Wolf. Speech Communication Made Simple. 4th ed. White Plains, NY:
Pearson, 2013. (Avoid illegal photocopying of copyrighted materials.)