98年第1學期-1870 社會政策與社會立法 課程資訊
|Regular attendance &Class participation||25||平常學習考核|
By questioning about what and whether a nation would or should be done for the needy population, the leading objectives of this course are to prepare students to:
(1) develop basic knowledge of social welfare policy and its importance in social service arena;
(2) account for major conflicts and controversies around social welfare issues;
(3) familiar with various social welfare policies and argue with the professional, client`s, or governmental stance;
(4) ensure the prospect of social welfare policies for service practice; and, explore the possibility of policy amendment, alternative options and reforms through the historical, social, economic, and political analysis.
This course is aimed at providing undergraduate students with a historical, social and descriptive synthesis on the current social welfare scene. The major emphasis is on the introduction and analysis of current issues of social welfare policies, and their trends and prospects to social welfare services
Office HourAs posted
(2) DiNitto, D. M. (2005). Social welfare: Politics and public policy (6th ed.). Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
(3) Handouts and relevant materials as needed will be announced or
provided in the class.