98年第2學期-0126 英文作文（二） 課程資訊
|3 essays||60||Five points will be deducted on the final grade of each essay for each day a draft is late.|
C/O 2 is a 2-semester, 3-credit required course for FLLD sophomores; it is the second course in a 3-year sequence of courses consisting of C/O 1, C/O 2 and C/O 3.
In Composition II, you will learn:
1. to organize essays in a logical order (time order, spatial order, emphatic order) and with proper transitions
2. to write a narrative essay that is developed inductively or deductively
3. to write well-organized descriptive paragraphs about a person or a place
4. to write a well-organized expository essay that has a clear thesis and supporting details
5. to write a well-organized summary-response essay on a selected article (to summarize, paraphrase, and quote)
In Oral Practice II, you will learn:
1. to control volume, pausing, and rate of speaking, and to improve eye contact, vitality, and posture
2. to tell a short story clearly and fluently
3. to conduct an interview using techniques such as preparing questions, getting more information, giving encouragement, asking for repetition and clarification, restating, and interrupting
4. to paraphrase and summarize the ideas of others in a group discussion
5. to give a summary-response speech
Comp�Oral II builds on the English-language skills developed in Comp�Oral I. This two-part course focuses primarily on writing multi-paragraph essays and using spoken English for academic purposes, such as group discussions and delivering oral presentations. The course will continue to stress accuracy in speaking and writing and will emphasize skills and strategies to improve your ability to communicate in English. You will also learn how to analyze and strengthen your own and your classmates� written and spoken English. The general goal of the course is to increase your academic English language proficiency to the high�intermediate level in speaking and writing.
Office HourOffice Hours: Wed. 11:10-12 noon and Thu. 1:10-2 PM. Office: 5 on FLLD 2rd floor (2nd on left)
Porter, P. and Grant, M. (1992) Communicating Effectively in English: Oral Communication for Non-Native Speakers. (2nd ed.) Boston: Heinle & Heinle.
Wyrick, J. (2005). Steps to Writing Well with Additional Readings. (10th ed.). Boston: Thomson Wadsworth.