98年第2學期-0176 文討：兒童文學電影及文化 課程資訊
1. Read (view) film and a selection of children’s books critically using basic film analysis tools
2. Have a deeper understanding of narrative structures and types
3. Think critically and creatively about the issues in and of children’s books and films.
4. Have a general understanding of child development.
5. Have a fundamental understanding of children’s culture and the function of imagination. .
6. Write and construct a children’s picture book.
This course is a general survey of Children’s Literature and Film within certain cultural contexts, genres, and age groups. This course will also take into consideration current critical questions related to the study of Children’s Lit, Film & Culture, how the notions of childhood is constructed in varying cultures, the location of “impossibilities” and how they intersect those considered as adult. This course will also consider issues of power, violence, and punishment, issues of gender, adulthood, family, peers, and race and social class and the modes of representation in texts and films.
Office HourOffice: FL003 Office Hours: 4-5 pm Mondays & Wednesdays
Selections from The Pleasures of Children’s Literature, （Perry Noodleman） You＇re only Young Twice, （by Tim Morris）, Children’s Literature （by Peter Hunt）, Children and Books （ed. Sutherland and Arbuthnot）, Children’s Films ( Ian Wojcik-Andrews） Children’s Literature and Critical Theory （Jill P. May）, Children’s Books in Children’s Hands: An Introduction to Their Literature （Temple, Martinez, Yokota, Naylor ）