98年第2學期-1609 商用英文 課程資訊
|Participation and Attendance||20||Attendance and active participation in class discussions|
|Assignments||30||Assignments will be given in class.|
|Midterm exam||25||paper written exam. Inlcudes listening, grammar usage, vocabulary, reading and writing.|
|Final exam||25||paper written exam. Inlcudes listening, grammar usage, vocabulary, reading and writing.|
By the end of the semester, students should be able to:
a) Display their conversational ability by confidently talking with others in various business situations.
b) Display ability to present themselves in English in a professional matter.
c). Display ability to communicate in business e-mail and letter writings.
This course is designed to orient students to the essential English communication skills that they need in order to excel in today’s global workplace. During the semester, students will be introduced to and have opportunities to practice in the following Business English skills:
1. Answer the phone tactfully and professionally.
2. Appreciation of culture differences and receiving foreign clients.
3. Build and maintain professional business relations with foreign clients.
4. Communicate and negotiate effectively in business meetings.
5. Composing basic business correspondence.
6. Job Search and interview in English.
Office HourOffice hour: E-mail or by appointment.
1. Intelligent Business Skills Book Pre-Intermediate by Irene & Nikolas Barrall, 2006, Pearson Education Limited.
1. Supplementary Class Materials: Handouts from the instructor.
2. Online Resources: Moodle e-learning platform.