99年第1學期-0121 英語口語訓練（二） 課程資訊
|3 Oral presentations||60||Missed presentations cannot be made up unless the persenter has the instructor/s permission|
|Oral interview||10||Based on the preparedness and thoroughness of the interview|
|Participation||15||Based on attendance, active participation in discussion, cooperation with classmates|
|Group discussion||15||Based on how much you voluntarily contribute to the discussion|
In Oral Practice II, you will learn to:
1. control volume, pausing, and rate of speaking, and to improve eye contact, vitality, and posture
2. show and tell a story clearly and fluently
3. conduct an interview using the techniques such as preparing questions, getting more information, giving
encouragement, asking for repetition and clarification, restating, and interrupting
4. paraphrase/summarize/respond to the ideas of others in a group discussion
5. give a summary-response speech
6. give an expository speech
Oral Training 2 is a second-year required course and builds on the English-language skills developed in Oral Training 1. This course focuses primarily on using spoken English for academic purposes, such as group discussions and delivering oral presentations. The course continues to stress accuracy in speaking and writing and emphasizes skills and strategies to improve the ability of students to communicate in English. Studens also learn how to analyze and strengthen their spoken English. The general goal of the course is to increase the academic English language proficiency to a high-intermediate level in speaking. This course is taught together with Composition 2.
Office HourTime: M. W. 1-2 pm at my office LAN 102 D or right after the class in the classroom LAN 214
Porter, P. A., and Margret Grant. Communication Effectively in English: Oral Communication for Nnn-native Speakers. 2nd ed. Boston: Heinle & heinle, 1992.