99年第1學期-0161 英語教學：入門 課程資訊
|Group presentation||20||2 group presentations|
|Weekly quizzes||25||at the end of the second class every week|
|Final Exam||25||the final exam covers the material of the whole semester|
The course has the following goals:
1. To provide an overview of second language acquisition and its implication in TESL;
2. To familiarize the student with major approaches, methods, and techniques in ESL/EFL teaching;
3. To facilitate peer learning through various means such as group projects, microteaching, and peer evaluation.
TESL Methodology-I provides pre-service training to assist teacher trainees to develop practical skills in teaching English as a second/foreign language. Current theories on second language acquisition are introduced and major TESL approaches are examined. While the whole class is required to read the selected chapters from the textbook, a group of students will lead the class activities on the given topic(s) of the week. The activities may include summary of the assigned chapter, elaboration of the most important concept(s), and demonstration of the most prominent techniques introduced.
Office HourTuesday 4:00-5:00 & Wednesday 2:00-3:00 at LAN 211 H
1. Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching (2001, 2nd ed.) by J.C. Richards & T.S. Rodgers
2. Learning and Teaching English (2006) by C. Linsday & p. Knight
3. A Course in Language Teaching (1991) by Penny Ur