99年第1學期-3394 大一英文 課程資訊
|Midterm & Final exams||50||Written Exam (70%) & Communicative Component (30%)|
|Quizzes||15||Vocabulary, Cloze, Listening Comprehension, Short-Answer Writing|
|Orals||15||Individual & pair in-class oral performance|
|Writing||10||Narrative, descriptive, & dialogue writing|
|Participation||10||Participation in class discussion and activities|
On completion of the FENM course, students should be able to:
1. use English in daily life;
2. think independently, logically, analytically, synthetically, and creatively in English;
3. understand and enhance one’s own interest and motivation in learning English;
4. use English to acquire and understand knowledge of various disciplines;
5. use various English language learning strategies;
6. use various English language learning resources;
7. use English to explore and understand various cultures in the world; and
8. use English to explore and understand the meaning of one’s own life.
Freshman English is a first-year required course. The goal of the course is primarily to improve the proficiency of students in communicative language skills with an emphasis on speaking and writing. A functional, notional approach is taken to planning objectives to help students gain confidence in using English in social interactions. Therefore, active participation in the class is a prerequisite for successful completion. A variety of activities are used throughout the year including dialogues, role-plays, pair work, small group projects and whole class discussions. The syllabus includes a general review of grammar and many class activities attempt to integrate these grammar components. Therefore, students are given the opportunity to apply the rules to real-life situations that they might encounter in an English-speaking country. Teachers encourage students to monitor their grammar usage while improving their level of fluency.
上課時間：四/6,7[C102] 二/6,7[LAN107] 五/7[英聽室]
Office Hour二/8 , 四/8 , or by appoinment.
Lab Books: Active Listening 2nd Edition, by Steven Brown, Drolyn Smith.
Reading Textbooks: Cover to Cover 1, by Richard R. Day and Jundo Yamanaka.
Extensive Readers: The Phantom of the Opera (SR1)
The Love of a King (SR2)