99年第2學期-0170 英語教學：進階 課程資訊
|Group presentation||20||2 group presentations|
|Weekly quizzes||20||at the end of the second class every week|
|Final Exam||25||The final exam covers the material of the whole semester|
The course has the following goals:
1. To familiarize the students with major second language acquisition theories and its implication in language teaching;
2. To familiarize the student with major approaches, methods, and techniques in ESL/EFL teaching;
3. To facilitate peer learning through various means such as group projects, microteaching, and peer evaluation.
TESL Methodology-II provides pre-service training to assist teacher trainees to develop skills in teaching English as a second/foreign language. Current theories on second language acquisition are examined and major TESL approaches are presented. While ESL Methodology-I covers historical review of the field of study and TESL Methodology-II focuses on practical techniques to teach ESL/EFL language skills. The whole class is required to read the selected chapters from the textbook. For some assigned chapters, a group of students will lead the class activities, which may include summary of the assigned chapter, elaboration of the most important concept(s), and demonstration of the most prominent techniques introduced.
Office HourTuesday & Wednesday 4:00-5:00 p.m. at FL 211 H
1. Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching (2001, 2nd ed.) by J.C. Richards & T.S. Rodgers
2. Learning and Teaching English (2006) by C. KUbdsat & p. Knight
3. A Course in Language Teaching (1991) by Penny Ur