99年第2學期-4066 第二語言字彙習得、教學與評量 課程資訊
|Assignment 1||20||Text analyzing|
|Assignment 2||25||Design a vocabulary learning program.|
|Assignment 3||30||Write a review of literature (12~15-pages) on a research topic|
By the end of the course, students should have achieved the following objectives:
1. Demonstrate a good understanding of the nature of vocabulary
2. Analyze the vocabulary content of particular texts
3. Set appropriate vocabulary learning goals for their learners
4. Apply research findings to the design of the vocabulary component of a language course
5. Discuss current issues in vocabulary learning and teaching
6. Analyze and discuss the vocabulary use in language tests
7. Design vocabulary assessment instruments appropriate for specific contexts.
The aims of the course are to explore the role of vocabulary learning within a language teaching program, to review research evidence on the nature of vocabulary and the processes involved in vocabulary learning, and to consider how to facilitate the acquisition of vocabulary by second language learners both inside and outside the classroom. In addition, this course seeks to explore the traditional concepts of a vocabulary test and to cover a range of procedures for assessing the vocabulary knowledge of second language learners. Finally, the course will touch on new directions in vocabulary assessment in particular the contribution of the corpus analysis.
Office HourTuesday & Wednesday 4:00-5:00 at FL 211 H
Nation, I.S.P. (2001). Learning vocabulary in another language. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
Read, J. (2000). Assessing vocabulary. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.