101年第1學期-0161 認識電影 課程資訊
|Class Participation & Attendance||20|
本課程名額為 35人，已有50 人選讀，尚餘名額-15人。
1. Students will learn to apply the basic elements of major theories use in Film Studies
2. Students will learn to identify key concepts in Film Studies
3. Students will learn to ‘read’ film as a text
4. Students will learn to write critical analysis of film.
5. Students will learn to identify the patterns/elements of film genres.
Introduction to Film is an elective for third- and fourth-year students. This course introduces the basic fundamentals of film study. This includes the historical background from Silent Film to the current advances of the medium. Time permitting, the course will cover both narrative, documentary and avante garde film as well as four major popular genres from diverse cultures. Students will be introduced to basic narrative and film aesthetic theories.
Office Hourby appointment
There is no textbook, but students will be assigned readings (handouts) from teachers references and links to articles on the internet.