101年第2學期-0155 電影與文學 課程資訊
|Class Participation &Attendance||20|
本課程名額為 35人，已有33 人選讀，尚餘名額2人。
1. Students will learn to apply the basic elements of narrative in Film Studies
2. Students will learn to identify key concepts ofdramatic structures
3. Students will learn to identify key issues in Children’s Films
4. Students will learn to develop and recreate characters
5. Students will learn to identify the patterns/elements of Children’s film genres.
Film and Literature is an elective for third- and fourth-year students. This course aims to help the students contextualize the relationships between cinematic language and literary writing. By studying the texts of Sense and Sensibility, The English Patient, and The Hours, the students get to explore the themes and imageries of the novels first, and then venture to see how three internationally renowned movie directors visualize the stories. This is a course that enriches the students’ literary and visual experiences. Towards the end of the semester, the students will be encouraged to write a short story and make a short film out of it.
Office Hourby appointment
There is no textbook, but students will be assigned readings (handouts) from teacher’s referencesand articles posted on the Facebook group page. internet.
Teacher’s Text References:
Selections fromThe Pleasures of Children’s Literature, (Perry Noodleman)You’re only Young Twice, (by Tim Morris), Children’s Literature (by Peter Hunt), Children and Books (ed. Sutherland and Arbuthnot), Children’s Films ( Ian Wojcik-Andrews) Children’s Literature and Critical Theory (Jill P. May), Children’s Books in Children’s Hands: An Introduction to Their Literature (Temple, Martinez, Yokota, Naylor )