103年第2學期-5099 個別指導 課程資訊
|weekly discussion of the research topic||40|
|a working bibliography||20|
|a draft of the proposal||40|
本課程名額為 5人，已有3 人選讀，尚餘名額2人。
本課程可網路登記，目前已登記人數為 2 人，選上機率為99.9%
By the end of the course, students should-
1. have formulated a research topic for the M.A. thesis
2. have had a clear theoretical /research framework about the proposed topic
3. have conducted thorough reviews of literature for the proposed topic
4. have learned to synthesize the related reviews of literature
5. be ready to conduct the pilot study
6. have completed the pilot study of the thesis research
7. have completed the first draft of the first 3 chapters of the M.A thesis
1. The instructor assists the student in formulating a research topic on the area the student is interested in.
2. The instructor assists the student in searching, assessing, summarizing, integrating, and synthesizing essential reviews of literature on the chosen topic.
3. The instructor assists the student in relating current research to prior related research.
4. Regular meeting time will be scheduled for the instructor to monitor the student’s progress.
Office HourKailin Wu: Wednesday & Thursday, 16:20-17:10 LAN 211 C Min-Hsun Chiang: Tuesday, 12:10-14:10 at LAN 211 I Chia-Hui Chiu: Friday, 10:20-12:10 LAN 211 D
Each student will read extensively on topic related to their thesis. The instructor and the student will discuss the selected research papers and books whenever it is necessary.
Bird, A., Mendenhall, M., Stevens, M. J., & Oddou, G. (2010). Defining the content domain of intercultural competence for global leaders. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 25(8), 810-828.
Bennett, J., et al. (2009). Intercultural knowledge and competence VALUE rubric. Washington, D.C.: Association of American Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://www.aacu.org/value/rubrics/index_p.cfm?CFID=41339661&CFTOKEN=69849038
Brunvand, S., & Byrd, S. (2011). Using VoiceThread to Promote Learning Engagement and Success for All Students. TEACHING Exceptional Children, 43(4), 28-37.
Burden, K., & Atkinson, S. (2008). Evaluating pedagogical affordances of media sharing Web 2.0 technologies: A case study. Proceedings ascilite Melbourne, 121-125.
Deardorff, D. K. (2006). Identification and assessment of intercultural competence as a student outcome of internationalization. Journal of studies in international education, 10(3), 241-266.
Dede, C. (2010). Comparing frameworks for 21st century skills. 21st century skills: Rethinking how students learn, 51-76.
Dervin, F. (2010). Assessing intercultural competence in Language Learning and Teaching: a critical review of current efforts. New approaches to assessment in higher education, 155-172.
Lambert, J. & Cuper, P. (2008). Multimedia technologies and familiar spaces: 21st-century teaching for 21st-century learners. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 8(3), 264- 276.
Lombardi, M. R. (2010). Assessing Intercultural Competence: A Review. NCSSSMST Journal, 16(1), 15-17.
McCormack, V. (2010). Increasing teacher candidate responses through the application of VoiceThread. International Journal of Arts and Sciences, 3(11), 160-165.
Pop, A., Tomuletiu, E. A., & David, D. (2011). EFL speaking communication with asynchronous