108年第1學期-5081 第二語言習得 課程資訊
|Attendance and participation||20|
|Discussion leads (article presentations)||30|
|Mini research project||30|
本課程名額為 12人，已有8 人選讀，尚餘名額4人。
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
• become familiar with theories, methods, and findings in the field of SLA
• develop an expert and personally relevant understanding of second language learning
• identify and discuss problems and challenges in current research and theory
• develop an ability to read SLA research and studies meaningfully
• conduct and report on a mini research project that explores an SLA topic of choice.
This course is designed to explore major theories of second language acquisition in both naturalistic and instructed learning settings and uncover what the theories have to offer to second and foreign language teachers. The students will discuss learner centered influences on language learning and why these influences may help second language teachers account for features of learners’ language they observe. Finally, they will learn techniques for investigating student learning in the classroom.
Office HourOffice Hours: Wednesday 12:10-14:10 or by appointment Office: LAN 211-D
1. Saville-Troike, Muriel. (2012). Introducing Second Language Acquisition (2nd edition). Cambridge : Cambridge University Press. (ST) (Tentative plan)
2. Additional research papers will be distributed in class.
3. Please respect intellectual property rights. Do not photocopy the textbook.