98年第1學期-2951 從歌曲及笑話學英語 課程資訊
|Jokes Porject for the midterm||40|
|Songs Project for the final||40|
|Participationa nd attendance||20|
本課程名額為 25人，已有35 人選讀，尚餘名額-10人。
1. will have enlarged their vocabulary
2. will have improved their grammar through a greater understanding of:
1) transitive and intransitive verbs in sentence formation;
2) compound and complex sentences;
3) the subjunctive mood;
4) overall use and formation of verb tenses.
3. will have gained a deeper understanding of the Western culture and global issues, particularly in the aspect of humor and humanistic values.
4. will have become lifelong learners in using the abundant resources on the Internet
This semester long course is designed to make learning English a fun experience by drawing teaching materials from songs and jokes. Three songs and four jokes are scheduled for each of the sixteen weeks throughout the semester. Students will memorize the lyrics and take close word tests during the week following.
Office HourOffice Hours: 9-10 a.m. Mondays to Wednesdays Location: FL 204
1. Handouts of songs (I Wish You Love/ Home to Stay/ When You Believe/ A Whole New world/ Rainbow Connection/ Can’t Take My Eyes Off You/ Same Old Lang Syne/ Leader of the Band/ And I Love You So/ Just the Way You Are/ Top of the World/ I Have Never Been to Me/ I’ll Never Fall in Love Again/ The One You Love/ Have You Never Been Mellow/ I Started a Joke)
2. Jokes from the Net