98年第2學期-4069 個別指導 課程資訊
|weekly discussion of the reserach topic||40|
|a working bibliography||20|
|a draft of the proposal||40|
本課程名額為 12人，已有3 人選讀，尚餘名額9人。
By the end of the course, students should-
1. have formulated a research topic for the M.A. thesis
2. have had a clear theoretical /research framework about the proposed topic
3. have conducted thorough reviews of literature for the proposed topic
4. have learned to synthesize the related reviews of literature
5. be ready to conduct the pilot study
6. have completed the pilot study of the thesis research
7. have completed the first draft of the first 3 chapters of the M.A thesis
1. The instructor assists the student in formulating a research topic on the area the student is interested in.
2. The instructor assists the student in searching, assessing, summarizing, integrating, and synthesizing essential reviews of literature on the chosen topic.
3. The instructor assists the student in relating current research to prior related research.
4. Regular meeting time will be scheduled for the instructor to monitor the student’s progress.
Office HourThursday & Friday 9:00-10:00 at FL 211 H (Yu) Wednesday 10:00-12:00 at FL 211 D (Chiu) Monday & Wednesday 12:10-1:10 p.m. or by appointment at FL203-A
This course will help the student become familiar with notions of critical literacy, the main theme in the thesis of the student. There are no assigned books for the student to read. The instructor and the student will discuss the selected research papers and books whenever it is necessary.