99年第2學期-2954 英語學習與自我探索 課程資訊
|Midterm and Final Exams||50|
本課程名額為 20人，已有15 人選讀，尚餘名額5人。
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. display their listening and speaking abilities through language activities that focus mainly on the issue of self awareness;
2. demonstrate their reading and writing skills through reflective writing tasks (e.g., journal entries, a narrative autobiography, and who you are quizzes);
3. connect English learning with their outside-school lives;
4. foster a better sense of themselves through exposure to relevant issues; and
5. develop a collaborative spirit through a number of group discussions.
This three-credit course is designed to help students improve their English skills through a wide range of learning materials,covering issues related to young adults lives.The purpose of using self-awareness texts is to connect English learning with students experiences,i.e., making English learning a self-discovery process in which students are encouraged to investigate many facets of their multiple identities as young aduults in Taiwan. Classroom materials will include various print and nonprint sources,such as pop songs, music videos,film clips,identity poems,quizzes about young adults lives,and true stories written by teens themselves.Activities implemented in the class will primarily be learner-oriented. Students will be required to participate actively in classroom activities, including (1) sharing reading experiences, (2) discussing them with other classmates, (3) working in pairs/groups, (4) demonstrating Who I Am collages, and (5) keeping self-reflection journals. In brief, this course will center around students lives and identities.
Office HourOffice: LAN106-D Office Hours: Thuesday 2:00 PM– 4:00 PM or by appointment Tel: 2359-0121 ext. 31239 E-mail: email@example.com
1. Handouts assigned by the instructor
2. Works created by sutdents inside and outside the classroom