100年第1學期-0103 英語口語訓練（一） 課程資訊
|Class Assignments||80||Students will give in-class speeches on several topics, such as a meaningful object and personal opinion on an issue.|
|Self-assessment of speeches||20||Students will assess their own speeches based on the videos which are uploaded to the THU Moodle platform.|
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. develop confidence in speaking publicly and academically;
2. learn how to listen to public speaking critically, responsively, and objectively;
3. master how to present familiar topics in a smooth, understandable, and organized fashion in both prepared and imprompu speeches;
4. learn to speak in order to inform and persuade others; and
5. practice conversation and discussion skills.
Oral Training 1 is a first-year required course aimed at improving the ability of students to communicate in fluent and accurate English. Furthermore, its aim is to help students develop confidence in speaking publicly and academically. Students will also learn how to listen critically, responsively and objectively. Students will master presenting familiar topics in a smooth, understandable and organized way in both prepared and impromptu speeches. Students will also study how to inform and persuade others. These oral skills will be applied in group discussions and debates. Oral assignments include speeches (prepared and impromptu), role－play activities, panel and group discussions, and debates. This course is taught together with Composition 1.
Office HourTuesday & Thursday 1:10~2:00pm, or by appointment LAN 211-G
Dale, P. & Wolf, J. C. (2006). Speech Communication Made Simple: A Multicultural Perspective (3rd edition). Pearson Education, Inc.