100年第1學期-0124 英文作文（二） 課程資訊
|4 essays||60||15 % per essay|
|Midterm||20||Tests students’ knowledge of course textbook|
|Participation||20||See above (Learning Activities)|
1. to organize essays in a logical order (time, spatial , emphatic order) and with proper transitions
2. to write a narrative essay that is developed inductively or deductively
3. to write well-organized descriptive paragraphs about a person or a place
4. to write a well-organized expository essay that has a clear thesis and supporting details
5. to write a well-organized summary-response essay on a selected article (to summarize, paraphrase, and quote)
Composition 2 is a second-year required course and is the continuation of Composition 1, building on the English-language skills developed in Composition 1. This course focuses primarily on writing multi-paragraph essays. The course continues to stress accuracy in writing and emphasizes skills and strategies to improve the ability to communicate in written English. Students will also learn how to analyze and strengthen their written English and that of their classmates. The general goal of the course is to increase the academic English language proficiency of the students to a high-intermediate level in writing. This course is taught together with Oral Training 2.
Office Hour Tu: 4:20-5:00 pm.; Th..10.10-11:00 am.; and by appointment.
Wyrick, J. (2005). Steps to Writing Well with Additional Readings. (10th ed.). Boston: Thomson Wadsworth.