100年第1學期-2958 日常溝通英語 課程資訊
|Midterm Exam||25||mainly oral test|
|Final Exam||25||mainly oral test|
|In-Class Grade||50||assignments, presentations, quizzes. participation|
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. carry out different kinds of conversational tasks and speech functions, such as greeting and acknowledging people, asking for information from a stranger, making, accepting, and declining invitation, and
2. use a range of expressions that are commonly used to agree, to complain, to discuss the future, and so on; and
3. understand daily common conversational functions or situations and express them accordingly; and
4. use effective English conversation strategies to communicate in daily life; and
5. understand and keep up personal interest and motivation in learning English.
This is a three-credit course. Its purpose is to give students, who have some background in English but want to improve their conversational fluency, an opportunity to enhance their communication skills in English. This course will cover some speech functions of conversations which learners of English often encounter and need to practice. It is designed to teach students how to perform certain language functions in English by presenting the social rules for language use. The emphasis is on developing fluency, so students will be given lots of practice in dealing with frequently encountered functions and situations. Students are engaged in a variety of both controlled and communicative exercises or activities so that they can bridge the gap between knowing speech functions and grammatical structures and using them.
Office HourOffice Hours : Wednesday: 10:00-12:00 Thursday: 11:00-12:00 Office Room : LAN106-G 英語中心
1. Speak English Like an American By Amy Gillett Bookman Books, Ltd.
2. Handouts for different situations will be given.