100年第1學期-2959 實用旅遊英語 課程資訊
|Midterm exam||25||mainly oral test|
|Final exam||25||mainly oral test|
|In-class Grade||50||Assignments, Oral presentations, Quizzes, Participation|
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. recognize and develop vocabulary and necessary expressions used at an airport, at a hotel, in a restaurant, at a shop, etc. when traveling; and
2. make simple conversation at an airport, check in to a hotel, order meals, etc. when traveling; and
3. demonstrate their listening comprehension by listening to authentic English conversation and understand different accents spoken at natural speed in English when traveling; and .
4. use English to acquire and understand knowledge of various cultures in the world when traveling.
This course is for people who would like to be able to communicate confidently and effectively when traveling abroad. The emphasis is on developing communication skills that can be put to immediate use in real world situations and an understand authentic English. Students will be exposed to various situations such as asking for information from tourist information offices, checking in at airport, checking in and out of hotel, ordering meals in restaurant, etc. They will be trained and practice role-play of different situations regarding travel throughout the course.
Office HourOffice Hours : Wednesday: 10:00-12:00 Thursday: 11:00-12:00 Office Room : LAN106-G 英語中心
1. All Clear 3 By Helen Kalkstein Fragiadakis Thomson ELT
2. Handouts for different situations will be given.