100年第1學期-2968 中高級閱讀：看報導學英文 課程資訊
|Reading response entries
|Bi-weekly reading responses
|Participation & performance
|In-class writings or midterm
|Final summary report
本課程名額為 16人，已有10 人選讀，尚餘名額6人。
On completion of the course, students should be able to:
1. increase their understanding about the world and different cultures;
2. use English effectively to communicate with others on a variety of topics;
3. explore important issues from multiple perspectives;
4. evaluate critically and syntheize information using English; and
5. increase the ability to form independent judgement.
This course is designed to help students become familiar with English public media by utilizing authentic, up-to-date, multi-media news stories on a variety of different topics, including news, science and technology, nature and environment, fashion and the arts, love and marriage, health, and other theme-focused investigative reports. In addition, the course will help students to keep abreast of the latest vocabulary and English usage, which are changing rapidly, and will also promote the students’ abilities in evaluating issues and forming independent judgments, by exposing students to the global marketplace of ideas. This course is especially suitable for students who are interested in Western culture or students who are interested in studying abroad.
Office HourBuilding L, 203C (3rd floor) Thursdays 12:00PM-2:00PM
Handouts and on-line articles from various sources: