100年第1學期-2974 圖解文法 課程資訊
This course aims to help the students
1) expand the ability to analyze sentence structure,
2) enhance the ability to understand complex sentences and explain them,
3) become familiar with grammar labels frequently used in the grammar instruction sessions,
4) become familiar with essential skills in sentence diagramming
This course is designed to enhance students awareness and knowledge of English grammar and their ability to use it correctly and effectively. Basically, the course will focus on the development of skills for learning grammar through sentence diagramming, which is a tool that can be used to facilitate students understanding of the structure of a language. The instructor will guide students through sentence diagramming to help them develop a systematic method to identify the relationships among words in a sentence. Students are required to reevaluate their own understanding of grammar through close examination of the relationship among words of a sentence with the perceptual level.
Office HourWednesday 10-12 LAN 211 H
1. Hefty, M., Ortiz,S., & Nelson, S. (2008) Sentence Diagramming: A Step-by-Step Guide to Learning Grammar Through Diagramming. New York: Pearson Education, Inc.
2. Broadwater, D. W., (2004) Diagramming Sentences. Quincy, IL: Mark Twain Media Publishers.
3. Vitto, C. L., (2009) Grammar by Diagram Workbook: Understanding English Grammar through Traditional Sentence Diagramming. Buffalo, New York: Broadview Press