100年第2學期-2977 從廣告中學英文 課程資訊
|Midterm oral communicative exam||15||Vocabulary definition, sentence making, and a free talk related to the course|
|Electronic portfolio project||40||Self-assessment (10%), peer-assessment (10%), and teacher-assessment (20%)|
|On-line feedback writing||15||Students need to view their group members’portfolios and give feedback (50 ~ 100 words) on their advertisement materials and classroom presentation/discussion before 1 PM each Monday.|
|Participation, in-class presentation, and group discussion||20||(1) Students will be requested to present their collected materials on the stage. (2) Students will have different group members every two weeks.|
|Quizzes on vocabulary||10||Students will be tested the vocabulary they learn in the class.|
本課程名額為 0人，已有42 人選讀，尚餘名額-42人。
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1) improve language skills through reading English advertisements dealing with diverse and global issues;
2) be familiar with the Internet technology to compile an electronic portfolio in English;
3) foster problem-solving and critical thinking skills by interacting in groups; and
4) become autonomous and self-directed English language learners.
Office HourTuesday & Thursday 4:20 ~ 5:10 pm, or by appointment (LAN 211-G)
(1) Students will not need to purchase any course materials. Theme-based materials will be collected from various sources, such as advertisements pertaining to travel, electronic products, overseas education, real estate, and household goods. The total word-counts of each theme-based advertisement collection will range from 300 – 400 words, depending on students’ selection of concise or detailed materials.
(2) Students will need access to computers, English materials (e.g., newspapers, magazines, flyers, or brochures), and English-language Internet resources.