101年第2學期-0133 英語口語訓練（三） 課程資訊
1. to enhance, refine and practice intermediate level aural skills (speaking and listening)
2. to help students gain confidence, overcoming shyness when speaking English
3. to express their communicate their ideas communicate effectively and fluently
4. to help students improve attentiveness (listening)
5. to give students immediate feedback for future improvement.
As this the last of the Comp/Oral series, the main aim of this semester is to give a final shape and polish the skills of the students in both writing and in speech.
Office HourContact Office Hours: Before class, by appointment and Facebook class group.
Brownell, W. W., & Katula, R. A. (1984). The communication anxiety graph: A classroom tool for managing speech anxiety. Communication Quarterly, 32(3), 243-249.
Canfield, D. K. (1986). Teaching language style improvement.
Notes: (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 269 817)
Cronin, M. W., & Others. (1994). The effects of interactive video instruction in coping with speech fright. Communication Education, 43(1), 42-53.
Hall, J. 1993. The role of oral practices in the accomplishment of our everyday lives: The sociocultural dimension of interaction with implications for the learning of another language. Applied Linguistics, 14(2), 145-166.
Hall, J. 1995. (Re)creating our worlds with words: A sociocultural perspective of face-to-face interaction. Applied Linguistics, 16(2), 206-232.
Hymes, D. 1974. Sociolinguistics and the ethnography of speaking. In B. Blount (ed.), Language, Culture, and Society. Cambridge, Mass.: Withrop Publishers.
Jaques, D. Learning in Groups. Becken
指定閱讀資料 Course Reading Materials
1. Like Water for Chocolate (Esquivel, LAURA)
3. Handout: Neighborhoods in Time
4. Handout: What I always wanted to learn
5. Handout: Historical Research