101年第2學期-0136 英文作文（三） 課程資訊
本課程名額為 25人，已有22 人選讀，尚餘名額3人。
1. The college essay plays a special role in higher education. Composition 3 encourages a student’s self-directed development and enhanced academic writing skills, within a rigid framework of formats and conventions such as narrative, biography and travel writing. In addition, this course focuses upon rewriting and working out and upon the typical errors made by individual students. Students will write and share weekly research journals in which the topics related to the social and cultural elements of the primary literary reading text.
2. This semester, Spring 2013, the primary text will be Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
As this the last of the Comp/Oral series, the main aim of this semester is to give a final shape and polish the skills of the students in both writing and in speech.
Office HourOffice Hours: before class, by appointment and Facebook group E -mail : dr. email@example.com
Baker, Sheridon. The Complete Stylist. New York: Thomas Crowell, 1966.
Corbett, Edward, and Robert Connors. Classical Rhetoric for the Modern Student,
4th ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 1998.
Fowler, Henry W. A Dictionary of Modern English Usage, 2nd ed. New York:
Oxford University Press, 1983.
Harvey, Gordon. Writing with Sources: A Guide for Students. Indianapolis:
Lamb, Sandra E. How to Write It: A Complete Guide to Everything You’ll Ever Write, 3rd ed. Berkely, Ten Speed Press, 2011.
Williams, Joseph M. Style: Ten Lessons in Clarity and Grace, 4th ed. New York:
指定閱讀資料 Course Reading Materials
1. Like WaterFor Chocolate (Laura Esquivel)
2. How to Write It: A Complete Guide to Everything You’ll Ever Write, 3rd ed. (Sandra E. Lamb)
3. Handout: Writing Neighborhoods in Time
4 Handout: Process Writing