101年第2學期-0161 文化研究專題 課程資訊
|Class Participation & Attendance||20|
本課程名額為 70人，已有13 人選讀，尚餘名額57人。
1. Students will learn to apply the basic elements to major theories in Popular Culture
2. Students will learn how to read images
3. Students will learn to identify key concepts in Popular Culture
4. Students will learn compare aspects ofPopular Culture in Taiwan to other cultures.
5. Students will learn to document observations in a weekly journal
This course introduces students to the major theories s that underline and are involved in Popular Culture. Students will be introduced to basic concepts and issues related to Mass Media such as representation, ideology, globalization and consumption. Students will examine issues of gender, sexual identity, violence, in social media, such as Facebook Twitter, and Pinterest. In addition, students will analyze and research such media as Fashion magazines, Television, Film, video games, western fast food franchises like Starbuck, Pizza Hut and McDonalds. Students are required keep a weekly observations journal, conduct four group research projects and participate weekly discussions both in class and in the class Facebook group and complete readings as assigned. Attendance is mandatory.
Office Hourby appointment
There is no textbook, but students will be assigned readings (handouts) from major textsand links to articles uploaded to the class Facebook page.